Align Your Posture:
- Engage your core by drawing your naval inward and upward. This will also help bring your low back into a neutral position and prevent it from swaying forward.
- Without arching your middle or lower back, draw the shoulders blades together on the back. You will feel the hunch come out of the upper back and the chest should feel nice and open.
- Draw your chin slightly back so that your ears stack right over your shoulders.
- Relax your shoulders down and away from your ears
At your Desk:
- Elevate your computer screen so it is at your eye level. Looking down places unnecessary strain on your neck and back.
- Sit up tall and try to keep your elbows next to your ribs as you are typing, rather than reaching forward with your arms.
- Get up and take a brief walk around the office at least once every hour. It is important to keep your body moving as much as possible.
- Always hold your cell phone at eye level when you are texting. Avoid looking down at your phone because this strains your neck. “Text Neck” is a major problem these days.
Lighten and Balance your Load:
- Avoid regularly carrying heavy bags or purses. If you do have to carry a bad or purse, be sure to switch which hand or shoulder you use to carry it.
Proper Sleep Positions:
- If you sleep on your side, be sure to place a pillow between your knees. Try to use a pillow that is long enough to go between your knees and your ankles. Or, even better, use a body pillow that you can rest your top arm on as well.
- If you sleep on your back, place a pillow under your knees.
- Try to avoid sleeping on your stomach.
- Comfortable shoes can make a big difference for your back. Avoid wearing shoes with high heels at all costs. Instead, choose shoes with good arch support that keep your feet level.
Diet and Nutrition:
- Drink plenty of water. Your vertebral discs are made mostly of water so it is important to keep them hydrated so they remain supple and strong.
Lindstrom Chiropractic Clinic offers a broad range of services to address musculoskeletal disorders, including chiropractic, of course, therapeutic massage, deep tissue laser therapy and rehabilitative exercise – all in one clinic.
CBD – A natural pain reliever. According to the US National Institute of Health (NIH), pain affects over 100 million Americans (nearly 1/3 of the US population; more than diabetes, heart disease, and cancer combined). This creates a great demand for a safer and more effective pain relief. CBD CLINIC is the first and only family of FDA-registered topical medications formulated with cannabidiol (CBD*).
CBD CLINIC’s revolutionary topical pain reliever delivers rapid and lasting relief from joint and muscle pain associated with sports injuries, arthritis and other types of inflammation – without any of the side effects and addictive properties of oral opioid painkiller medications.
This remarkable new product is now available at Lindstrom Chiropractic Clinic in your choice of sports cream or roll-on sports stick.
Unlike other ointments and creams, all CBD CLINIC products are registered with the FDA and are made in an FDA-audited facility. This ensures the highest quality controls in raw ingredients and manufacturing of the products. Independent verification of the quantity of active ingredients assures consistent product effectiveness.
*No concerns about THC or Positive Drug Tests.
FOR WOMEN ONLY
Eating a proper diet can be a difficult task in our typically busy lives. That’s why we now offer a once-daily multivitamin from Megafood rich in the nutrients women need to live healthy lives.
- Wholesome nourishment in a convenient once-daily formula
- Supports a healthy emotional balance and stress response*
- Rejuvenates health and wellbeing*
- Offers a protective array of carotenoids and age-defying antioxidants from colorful whole foods*
- Easy to digest and can be taken on an empty stomach without upset
- Certified gluten free vegetarian soy free dairy free kosher and farm fresh
- Non GMO Project verified tested free of pesticides and herbicides.
Ask Dr. Tom about Megafood’s Women’s One Daily during your next visit.
Scanning your feet is FREE and easy. It only takes a few minutes and you can do it while you wait for your Chiropractic Adjustment, Massage Therapy, or Deep Tissue Laser Therapy, or stop by and get your FREE scan today.
The U.S. prescribes opioids at an alarming rate of 50 times more than all other nations combined. The excessive opioid prescriptions have primarily been written to treat acute pain. However, acute pain is usually contributed to musculoskeletal damage, also referred to as mechanical pain. Mechanical pain is commonly caused by abnormal stress and strain on muscles of the spinal column. Typically from poor posture, incorrect bending, and lifting motions. Chiropractic care is the effective non-drug alternative to opioids.
Passive approaches such as rest and pain medication have been linked to increased pain with little to no recovery. Chiropractic care is a safe, effective, and drug-free approach to healing the body naturally. Dr. Lindstrom develops a care plan with proven methods like massage, deep tissue laser therapy, corrective exercise, stretching, and spinal manipulations to help you feel better faster.
Dr. Lindstrom’s active approach to pain is designed to fit your needs and abilities while reducing pain naturally. Our patient and caring staff will be with you every step of the way, offering support and encouragement while your body heals itself. Call Dr. Tom at 630-896-3377 for an effective non-drug alternative to opioids.
Dr. Tom regularly attends seminars designed to enhance his ability to provide pain management and rehabilitation care to his patients, as well as performance enhancement for athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
A recent classroom session (yes, Dr. Tom regularly “goes back to school” to stay current on the latest chiropractic techniques) focused on something called Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization. DNS incorporates Intra-Abdominal Pressure (AIP), a prerequisite for all human movement, into his established practice. With a heightened understanding of this technique, Dr. Tom helps athletes, fitness enthusiasts and even regular patients who want to “get fit” reach higher levels of performance with significantly lower risk of injury.
Call Dr. Tom at 630-896-3377 to discuss how Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization can improve your movement and lower your risk of injury.
BEWARE! THE GOLF SEASON IS IN FULL SWING.
Dr. Tom recently attended a chiropractic training session entitled, Surviving the Golf Swing. (His own golf game is sometimes challenged by lower back pain.)
The class helped him understand how poor body and swing mechanics lead to lower back, neck and/or wrist pain. If you suffer from any of these symptoms when you play, give us a call 630-896-3377 Dr. Tom has the latest strategies for effectively treating and preventing each of these injuries.
We might not be able to lower your handicap, but we can probably help you feel better when you play.
Cupping Therapy involves the application of a cupping instrument to a predefined area on the body to generate a partial vacuum that mobilizes the blood flow and promotes effective healing.
According to Acupuncture Today, “Drawing up the skin is believed to open up the skin’s pores, which helps to stimulate the flow of blood, balances and realigns the flow of qi, breaks up obstructions, and creates an avenue for toxins to be drawn out of the body.”
In addition, cupping therapy can be used as a simple application of quick vigorous rhythmical strokes to stimulate muscles. Along with stimulating muscles, the simple application of cupping can be helpful in the treatment of pains in the arms, legs, head, neck, back, and shoulders.
Cupping therapy has multidimensional benefits that include:
- Deep relaxation throughout the body
- Loosen of adhesions by lifting connective tissue
- Positively enhances blood flow
- Helps relieve pain and inflammation
- Serves as a deep tissue massage and provides deep tissue release
- Improves range of motion
Cupping therapy is not painful. Both athletes and fitness enthusiast have used cupping to relieve; muscle tension, stiff necks, backaches, and other challenges brought on by stress and overworked muscles.
Some wonder why you get marks or skin discoloration around the cupping area. It is believed that toxins and blood moving to the surface cause the marks or circles that cupping can leave. These marks or circles usually fade in about a week. Many patients characterize cupping therapy as relaxing and therapeutic. This modality of therapy creates a pulling action that engages the nervous system allowing a deep relaxation throughout the body.
Dr. Lindstrom and his team of therapists like to use cupping as a complementary therapy to chiropractic therapy, deep tissue laser therapy, massage therapy and other advanced therapies. Add cupping therapy to your recovery by calling to set up your appointment today. Dr. Lindstrom will establish treatment objectives designed around a treatment program specific to your unique needs.